John Ray & Sons’ Pink Truck Continues Fueling a Cure for Breast Cancer
Wednesday, September 15, 2010 – From today through Oct. 15, the public is invited to keep a look out for John Ray & Sons’ Pink Truck for an opportunity to win a Vermont Castings gas grill while helping to raise funds to fight breast cancer.
This is the second year that John Ray & Sons has used sightings of its Pink Truck, a key component of its Fueling a Cure program, to raise funds for the Northeastern Affiliate of the Susan G. Komen for the Cure® and to increase awareness of breast cancer and the importance of early detection.
“During the first year of our Fueling a Cure program, we were able to raise almost $15,000,” said Ken Ray, President of John Ray & Sons. “This is our second year and we’ll be able to total this year’s donation in October. In the meantime,” Mr. Ray said, “the company has decided to extend the Fueling a Cure program for a third year, through 2011.”
Painted in the signature colors of Komen for the Cure, the truck travels about 1,000 each week delivering fuel to homes and businesses, with a portion of the proceeds from each gallon of fuel delivered benefiting the local Komen affiliate.
It’s easy to participate in the Spot the Pink Truck contest and for each valid entry, John Ray & Sons will donate an additional $5 to Komen for the Cure. You can follow the Pink Truck on Twitter or find us on Facebook.
“In October, National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, we’ll have a random drawing for the winner of the grill,” Mr. Ray said.
To be part of Spot the Pink Truck:
* Look for the John Ray & Sons’ Pink Truck anywhere in the company’s 10-county New York State service area, plus Bennington County, Vermont.
* Note the time and location of the truck or take a digital photo.
* Go to the company’s website, www.johnray.com, and click on “Spot The Pink Truck.” Enter the time and location of the sighting or upload your photo of The Pink Truck along with your entry information to be entered into a drawing to win the grill.
For more information about Fueling a Cure, visit www.johnray.com.
ABOUT JOHN RAY & SONS
Established in 1904 in Troy as an ice delivery service, John Ray & Sons has evolved through the years as times have changed – delivering ice, coal, wood, kerosene, diesel fuel, heating oil, propane, biodiesel, and bioheat fuel to residential and commercial customers throughout the greater Capital Region. Started as a small family business, the company now employs nearly 70 people and has a fleet of over 45 vehicles. John Ray & Sons provides sales, installation and service to Albany, Columbia, Fulton, Greene, Montgomery, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, Warren and Washing counties in New York and Bennington County in Vermont.
Known for its service and innovative products, the company offers:
- Reliable delivery of heating oil, propane, diesel and biofuels
- 24-hour emergency service
- Propane tank installation/set-up and monitoring
- Heating and cooling system sales and installation
- Propane fill and tank exchange stations
- Custom-designed home comfort systems
- PitStop-branded stations offering gasoline, on- and off-road diesel and kerosene
- Captain’s Choice® Marine Gasoline
For more information, visit www.johnray.com.
ABOUT THE NENY AFFILIATE OF SUSAN G. KOMEN FOR THE CURE
Nancy G. Brinker promised her dying sister, Susan G. Komen that she would do everything in her power to end breast cancer forever. In 1982, that promise became Susan G. Komen for the Cure. Today, Komen for the Cure is the world’s largest grassroots network of breast cancer survivors and activists and has invested nearly $1 billion dollars to fulfill their mission. They have become the largest source of non-profit funds dedicated to the fight against breast cancer in the world.
Locally, the Northeastern New York Affiliate, now in its 16th year, serves an 11-county area of New York and has raised over $1.8 million dollars for local breast health and breast cancer outreach, education, screening and treatment.