What is a ductless mini-split AC system?
Ductless mini-split AC systems function in a very similar way to central AC systems… without the ductwork! Instead, they use thin copper tubing to pump refrigerant directly to discreet wall mounted blowers inside the home. This also means there’s no need for basement- or attic-located evaporator units. Ductless AC systems also function as heating systems during the winter months by absorbing heat from the air outside and moving it inside for convenient and energy-efficient year-round comfort. Best of all, unlike central AC, ductless AC systems come in a range of capacities and configurations that can fit even the most challenging spaces.
Think a ductless AC system might be right for you?
Check out even more great benefits of these small, compact systems that really help with your home design and aesthetics:
- Installation is quick and easy
- No ductwork installation means less hassle and more efficiency.
- No bulky AC system components inside or outside your home
- Small copper tubing is usually routed through walls to maintain home aesthetics and curb appeal
- One outdoor condenser can be connected to multiple indoor units
- Without ductwork you lose less than 5% cooling vs. up to 40% for traditional central AC systems, with increased efficiencies up to 27.2-SEER for lower utility bills.
- Much quieter than loud window units or central AC systems
- Each unit comes with its own programmable remote for customizable and individual zone control
- Helps heat your home during the winter
- R410A refrigerant is already in most systems to help you meet environmental guidelines and go green
- Unlike window units, ductless systems are mounted high on a wall, away from the window, for better home security, view and light.
Contact us today to talk with one of our team, find out more about ductless AC and learn which systems best suit your home and budget. We can handle all of your ductless AC installation, service and repair needs.